Virginia Commonwealth beats Hofstra 68-60
RICHMOND, Va. (AP)—Eric Maynor scored 12 of his 21 points in the second half Saturday, leading Virginia Commonwealth to a 68-60 win over Hofstra.
The Pride missed 12 of its first 13 field goals in the second half, but the Rams (11-5, 4-1 Colonial Athletic Association) could not take advantage. With the game tied at 32 with 14:49 remaining, Larry Sanders’ followup ignited a 20-8 Rams spurt. Maynor scored 10 during the run.
Sanders finished with his third double-double in the last 5 games, scoring 16 points and grabbing 13 rebounds. Joey Rodriguez and Kiril Pishchalnikov had 10 points.
Charles Jenkins led the Pride (10-6, 2-3) with 13 points and Greg Johnson added 10. Hofstra has never won in seven trips to the Siegel Center.
- Valparaiso squeezes past Detroit at buzzer 73-71
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner