Virginia Commonwealth beats Hofstra 68-60
RICHMOND, Va. (AP)—Eric Maynor scored 12 of his 21 points in the second half Saturday, leading Virginia Commonwealth to a 68-60 win over Hofstra.
The Pride missed 12 of its first 13 field goals in the second half, but the Rams (11-5, 4-1 Colonial Athletic Association) could not take advantage. With the game tied at 32 with 14:49 remaining, Larry Sanders’ followup ignited a 20-8 Rams spurt. Maynor scored 10 during the run.
Sanders finished with his third double-double in the last 5 games, scoring 16 points and grabbing 13 rebounds. Joey Rodriguez and Kiril Pishchalnikov had 10 points.
Charles Jenkins led the Pride (10-6, 2-3) with 13 points and Greg Johnson added 10. Hofstra has never won in seven trips to the Siegel Center.
- Virginia Commonwealth beats Hofstra 68-60
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0