Virginia Commonwealth beats Hofstra 68-60
RICHMOND, Va. (AP)—Eric Maynor scored 12 of his 21 points in the second half Saturday, leading Virginia Commonwealth to a 68-60 win over Hofstra.
The Pride missed 12 of its first 13 field goals in the second half, but the Rams (11-5, 4-1 Colonial Athletic Association) could not take advantage. With the game tied at 32 with 14:49 remaining, Larry Sanders’ followup ignited a 20-8 Rams spurt. Maynor scored 10 during the run.
Sanders finished with his third double-double in the last 5 games, scoring 16 points and grabbing 13 rebounds. Joey Rodriguez and Kiril Pishchalnikov had 10 points.
Charles Jenkins led the Pride (10-6, 2-3) with 13 points and Greg Johnson added 10. Hofstra has never won in seven trips to the Siegel Center.
- Miss You, Hasheem Thabeet: You had really long arms
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- Eustachy to remain with Colorado St. through 2020-21 season
- NC State hires ex-Kansas State coach Asbury as analyst