Louisiana-Lafayette edges Troy 83-81
TROY, Ala. (AP)—Randell Daigle hit five of Louisiana-Lafayette’s school-record tying 15 3-pointers to lead the Ragin’ Cajuns to an 83-81 victory over Troy on Saturday night.
It was the first road victory of the season for Louisiana-Lafayette (6-9, 3-2 Sun Belt Conference).
Daigle, who had 17 points, hit Louisiana-Lafayette’s final 3-pointer to give the Ragin’ Cajuns a 74-69 lead with 4:33 remaining in the game. Travis Bureau, who scored 21 points, was fouled on a 3-point attempt and hit three free throws for a 77-71 advantage with 3:14 left.
Troy (7-10, 2-3) cut the lead to 79-78 but the Louisiana-Lafayette sealed the game at the line.
Chris Gradnigo added 18 points and Tyren Johnson had 13 points for the Ragin’ Cajuns.
Brandon Hazzard led Troy with 22 points. Michael Vogler added 15 and Richard Delk and Kenny Ware scored 13 points each. Delk had 12 rebounds.
- Fredette scores 25 to lead BYU over Air Force
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina