Benson’s 21 leads Bobcats to 87-76 win over UTA
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP)—Brent Benson scored 21 points off the bench and Brandon Bush scored 19 to lead Texas State to a 87-76 victory over Texas-Arlington on Saturday.
Benson hit five 3-pointers, and Emmanuel Bidias A’ Moute added 16 points in backup duty to help the Bobcats (8-6, 1-0 Southland) outscore the Mavericks 48-14 off the bench.
Marquez Haynes led Texas-Arlington (7-7, 0-1) with 23 points. Anthony Vereen scored 16 and Brandon Long added 12.
- Benson's 21 leads Bobcats to 87-76 win over UTA
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?