Kingsley scores 21 in 75-73 SFA win over Bearkats
NACOGODOCHES, Texas (AP)—Matt Kingsley scored 21 points and grabbed seven rebounds to help Stephen F. Austin hold off Sam Houston State 75-73 on Saturday.
The Bearkats stayed close but SFA (9-4, 1-0 Southland) never trailed in the final 14 minutes. DeLuis Ramirez, who scored 12 points for Sam Houston State, missed a layup with seven seconds left that would have tied it.
Josh Alexander scored 16 points for SFA. Eddie Williams added 14 and Eric Bell scored 10.
Preston Brown led all scorers in the game with 22 points for the Sam Houston State (6-8, 0-1).
- Kingsley scores 21 in 75-73 SFA win over Bearkats
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel