S. Ill. edges Evansville 70-63
CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP)—Tony Boyle had 14 points and Kevin Dillard added 13 points as Southern Illinois defeated Evansville 70-63 on Saturday in Missouri Valley Conference play.
Southern Illinois (7-9, 2-3 Missouri Valley) led by four points, 39-35, going into half time and came back from the break to outscore Evansville (11-4, 3-2 Missouri Valley) 31-28 in the second period.
Bryan Mullins had a game-high seven assists for the Salukis. Boyle earned a double-double with ten rebounds with his 14 points.
Shy Ely led the Purple Aces with 22 points, while Jason Holsinger added 16 points.
Southern Illinois earned 22 points from its bench players. The Salukis led by as many as 12 points in the second period. Evansville held a 9-point lead in the first period.
- S. Ill. edges Evansville 70-63
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four