Cisse leads E. Illinois past SE Missouri 83-63
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP)—Ousmane Cisse had 16 points and nine rebounds to lead Eastern Illinois to an 83-63 win over Southeast Missouri on Saturday.
Edin Suljic added 16 for Eastern Illinois (6-9, 3-2 Ohio Valley), Tyler Laser had 14 and T.J. Marion and Jeremy Granger had 10 points apiece for the Panthers.
Kenard Moore led Southeast Missouri (3-13, 0-5) with 20 points, Jaycen Herring had 14 and Calvin Williams added 10.
Eastern Illinois outrebounded the Redhawks 41-29 and had a 19-8 advantage in second-chance points. The Panthers also had a 30-9 edge in points off the bench.
Eastern Illinois led 36-28 at halftime and used a 29-13 run in the second half to open a 22-point lead, the largest of the game. Southeast Missouri never led.
Williams received two technical fouls, including one for slapping the backboard after a dunk, but was not ejected.
- Alex Tyus floats back to reality, Florida
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner