Wofford defeats Samford 60-51
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP)—Noah Dahlman scored 23 points to lead Wofford to a 60-51 victory over Samford on Saturday in the first basketball game between the schools in 27 years.
Dahlman has scored in double figures in the last eleven games, tallying at least 20 points in three of the last four games for the Terriers (6-6, 2-1 Southern Conference).
Samford (6-7, 1-3) lost for the first time at home this season.
In the second half, the Terriers went five minutes without scoring a basket, but still led 55-44 with 3:49 left. The Bulldogs used a 7-0 run to cut the margin to four points with 55 seconds remaining. Wofford struggled from the free-throw line in the final minute—hitting only 9 of 21 in the second half— but held on for the win.
Jason Dawson had 11 points for Wofford and Tim Johnson added 10 rebounds.
Bryan Friday led Samford with 13 points.
- Wofford defeats Samford 60-51
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown