Griffin scores 16 in PVAMU victory
PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas (AP)—Michael Griffin and Darnell Hugee combined for 27 points off the bench to lead Prairie View to a 72-70 victory over Texas Southern on Saturday night.
Griffin scored 16 points, including three 3-pointers, and Hugee added 11 for the Panthers (6-9, 3-0 SWAC). Dorian McDaniel was the only starter to reach double digits with 14 points for Prairie View.
Matthew Miller scored 21 points for the Tigers (1-15, 1-2) and Jacques Jones added 14. Ricky Boyles grabbed 12 rebounds for Texas Southern.
- Griffin scores 16 in PVAMU victory
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four