N. Iowa beats Missouri St. 78-64
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP)—Adam Koch scored 22 points and Northern Iowa shot 71 percent from the field Saturday in a 78-64 win over Missouri State in the Missouri Valley Conference.
The Panthers (10-6, 4-1) made 18 of 22 shots from the field (82 percent) in the first half to take a 41-27 lead at the break.
The Bears (7-9, 0-5) outrebounded UNI, had as many three pointers and more free throws, but they couldn’t keep pace with the Panthers’ 31-for-44 shooting.
Jordan Eglseder scored 16 points and Ali Farohkmanesh 13 for UNI.
Chris Hooks led the Bears with 16 points and Wade Knapp added 12. Missouri State shot 40 percent from the field.
- N. Iowa beats Missouri St. 78-64
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0