Northeastern beats Towson 68-53
BOSTON (AP)—Manny Adako had 24 points and 12 rebounds to help Northeastern to a 68-53 win over Towson on Saturday, .
Matt Janning added 16 points and seven rebounds as Northeastern (10-5, 5-0 Colonial Athletic Association) won its fourth straight game to stay undefeated in conference play.
Josh Thornton kept Towson in the game, scoring 16 of his 25 points in the second half and going 6-of-10 from beyond the arc.
Josh Thornton scored 25 points and Jarrel Smith added 17 as Towson (7-10, 2-3 CAA) dropped its second straight after consecutive one-point victories over James Madison and Delaware.
Northeastern led 35-17 at halftime and Towson trimmed the Huskies’ lead to 11 (64-53) with 1:38 to play, but was held scoreless the rest of the way.
- Northeastern beats Towson 68-53
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four