Utah State wins battle of Aggies
LAS CRUCES, N.M. (AP)—Gary Wilkinson had 22 points and a career-high 14 rebounds Saturday night as Utah State beat New Mexico State 77-67 and pushed its winning streak to 10 games.
Utah State (15-1, 3-0 Western Athletic Conference) led 38-34 at halftime and 54-44 with 11 minutes remaining after an 8-0 run sparked by a 3-point play from Wilkinson.
New Mexico State (8-9, 2-2) closed to 54-51 on Jahmar Young’s 3-pointer with 9 minutes left before the visiting Aggies pulled away.
Young finished with 18 points while Wendell McKines and Troy Gillenwater each added 11.
- Utah State wins battle of Aggies
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four