Delaware 72, N.C.-Wilmington 75
WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP)—Kevon Moore scored six points in the final minute and North Carolina-Wilmington’s defense played strong down the stretch to beat Delaware 75-72 on Saturday night.
Delaware, who led by eight points at the halftime, led 68-63 on Brian Johnson’s jumper with 6:57 left in the second half. But the Seahwaks went on a 12-4 run from that point to steal the win.
Marc Egerson hit a pair of free throws with 2:26 left for the last points Delaware would score before Moore’s scoring surge. the Seahawks held Delaware scoreless over the last 2:26 to seal.
Chad Tomko scored 15 to lead the Seahawks (4-13, 1-4 Colonial Athletic Association), Moore finished with 13 and Daniel Mercer and Jerel Stephenson added 10 apiece.
Jawan Carter led Delaware (7-10, 1-4) with 19 points. Alphonso Dawson added 15, Egerson had 14, Jim Ledsome scored 12 and Johnson tallied 11.
- Delaware 72, N.C.-Wilmington 75
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four