Navy defeats Bucknell 71-67
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP)—Kaleo Kina scored 25 points as Navy won its first Patriot League opener in eight seasons by defeating Bucknell 71-67 on Saturday.
Kina’s free throw with 5 seconds to play iced the win after Bucknell had rallied from nine points down to within a point.
Navy (12-4, 1-0) led 55-46 with 5:45 left when Bucknell’s G.W. Boon hit back-to-back 3-pointers and Darryl Shazier hit a jump shot for 55-54 with 3:45 to play.
Adam Teague and Kina hit 3-pointers to push Navy’s lead back to 61-56 with 2:23 left, but Bucknell (3-12, 0-1) rallied to within three points twice in the final minute.
Chris Harris added 14 points for the Midshipmen and Cliff Colbert came off the bench to score 12 points and grab nine rebounds. Teague had 11 points and nine rebounds.
Boon led Bucknell with 20 points, including 14 in the second half, and Darryl Shazier had 18 points.
- TV cameras catch Renardo Sidney brawling with a teammate
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons