Austin Peay beats Murray State 58-57
MURRAY, Ky. (AP)—Drake Reed made a layup with 10 seconds left in the game to lift Austin Peay to a 58-57 win over Murray State on Saturday.
The Governors (9-7, 5-1 Ohio Valley Conference) opened the contest with an 8-0 lead—their largest advantage of the game. Austin Peay went into halftime with a 30-27 lead.
Wes Channels led Austin Peay with 16 points, while Reed had 11 points and six rebounds.
Murray State (7-8, 2-3) was led by Isacc Miles, who had 13 points. Jeffery McClain, who went 8-for-8 from the free-throw line, finished with 12 points.
Austin Peay outscored the Racers 32-18 in the paint, while Murray State gained 21 points as a result of Austin Peay’s 19 turnovers.
- Austin Peay beats Murray State 58-57
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game