Morgan State knocks off North Carolina A&T 73-62
BALTIMORE (AP)—Rogers Barnes scored a career-high 24 points to lead Morgan State to a 73-62 victory over North Carolina A&T on Saturday.
Reggie Holmes added 24 points for the Bears (7-8, 2-0 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who kept their momentum after a historic win over Maryland on Wednesday. Ed Jones scored 19 points and Robert Johnson added 11 for the Aggies (6-9, 1-1), who have lost six of their past seven.
Barnes scored 16 of his points in the opening 13 minutes, topping his previous career high of 13, and the Bears led 39-29 at the half.
Morgan State increased its lead to 17 points on Holmes’ dunk with 17 minutes remaining. Thomas Coleman’s putback cut the lead to 65-57 with 55 seconds left, but the Aggies couldn’t pull any closer.
- Morgan State knocks off North Carolina A&T 73-62
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- Gonzaga throttles Xavier to send Mark Few to his first Final Four
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested,' and 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss