N. Arizona 68, Montana St. 74
BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP)—Will Bynum scored 18 points and Erik Rush added 16 to lead Montana State to a 74-68 win over Northern Arizona on Saturday night.
Rush scored 11 of his points in the first seven minutes, and the Bobcats (9-6, 2-2 Big Sky) led 42-39 at halftime. The Lumberjacks (4-12, 1-4), who made 11 of their first 12 shots, kept the game close before the break on 74 percent shooting from the floor.
MSU scored the first 10 points of the second half, but NAU narrowed the lead to 67-62 with just under a minute to play. A free throw by MSU’s Rush and a three-point play by Bynum put the game out of reach.
Josh Wilson and Cameron Wilson scored 18 points apiece to lead NAU. Shane Johannsen added 16 points for the Lumberjacks, who were held to 38 percent shooting from the floor in the second half.
- To avoid another snub, Va Tech will play a tougher schedule
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner