N. Arizona 68, Montana St. 74
BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP)—Will Bynum scored 18 points and Erik Rush added 16 to lead Montana State to a 74-68 win over Northern Arizona on Saturday night.
Rush scored 11 of his points in the first seven minutes, and the Bobcats (9-6, 2-2 Big Sky) led 42-39 at halftime. The Lumberjacks (4-12, 1-4), who made 11 of their first 12 shots, kept the game close before the break on 74 percent shooting from the floor.
MSU scored the first 10 points of the second half, but NAU narrowed the lead to 67-62 with just under a minute to play. A free throw by MSU’s Rush and a three-point play by Bynum put the game out of reach.
Josh Wilson and Cameron Wilson scored 18 points apiece to lead NAU. Shane Johannsen added 16 points for the Lumberjacks, who were held to 38 percent shooting from the floor in the second half.
- Newest Washington signee is a very familiar name in Seattle
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons