N. Arizona 68, Montana St. 74
BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP)—Will Bynum scored 18 points and Erik Rush added 16 to lead Montana State to a 74-68 win over Northern Arizona on Saturday night.
Rush scored 11 of his points in the first seven minutes, and the Bobcats (9-6, 2-2 Big Sky) led 42-39 at halftime. The Lumberjacks (4-12, 1-4), who made 11 of their first 12 shots, kept the game close before the break on 74 percent shooting from the floor.
MSU scored the first 10 points of the second half, but NAU narrowed the lead to 67-62 with just under a minute to play. A free throw by MSU’s Rush and a three-point play by Bynum put the game out of reach.
Josh Wilson and Cameron Wilson scored 18 points apiece to lead NAU. Shane Johannsen added 16 points for the Lumberjacks, who were held to 38 percent shooting from the floor in the second half.
- Dorian Finney-Smith’s departure is a blow to Virginia Tech
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game