Montana beats Sacramento St. 80-63
MISSOULA, Mont. (AP)—Anthony Johnson scored 18 points and Jack McGillis added 13 to lead Montana to an 80-63 win over Sacramento State on Saturday night.
Jordan Hasquet finished with 11 points, and Brian Qvale came off the bench to grab a team-high 10 rebounds for the Grizzlies (9-7, 3-1 Big Sky).
Johnson’s jumper with 11:49 remaining in the first half broke a 15-15 tie and sparked a 20-2 run by Montana. The Grizzlies led 41-25 at the break and hit seven straight shots to open the second half. They took a 64-41 lead with 12:29 remaining.
Loren Leath came off the bench to score 18 points the Hornets (1-16, 0-4), who shot just 29 percent from the field in the first half. Justin Eller added 10 points and eight rebounds.
- Montana beats Sacramento St. 80-63
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?