South Carolina State defeats Delaware State 69-52
DOVER, Del. (AP)—Jimmy Williams scored 15 points and Jason Johnson added 14 to help South Carolina State defeat Delaware State 69-52 on Saturday.
The Bulldogs (6-6, 1-0 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) were 7-for-8 from 3-point range en route to winning their conference opener and snapping a three-game losing streak.
The Hornets (2-14, 1-1) had not played since losing to Notre Dame on Dec. 20 and have now lost five in a row. They made only 6 of 19 attempts from beyond the arc.
Jason Flagler had 12 points for South Carolina State, while Carrio Bennett added 10.
Donald Johnson led Delaware State with 11 points, and Frisco Sandidge and Marcus Neal scored 10 apiece.
The Bulldogs made 27 of 46 shots from the floor (58.7 percent) and outrebounded the Hornets 37-23.
- Bob Knight suggests John Calipari shouldn't be coaching
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?