Harvard beats Dartmouth 63-62
HANOVER, N.H. (AP)—Oliver McNally’s 12-foot runner off the glass with 12 seconds left gave Harvard a 63-62 victory over Dartmouth on Saturday night in the Ivy League opener for both schools.
Alex Barnett missed a 14-footer at the buzzer for Dartmouth (2-11).
Andre Pusar had 19 points for Harvard (9-6), which was coming off its first-ever victory over a ranked opponent on Wednesday at No. 17 Boston College. McNally finished with 10 points.
Dan Biber led a balanced Dartmouth attack—10 players scored—with 10 points.
With just under five minutes to play, Dartmouth took a 57-53 lead when Ronnie Dixon stole a pass and cruised for a layup. But Harvard answered with six straight points.
With 2:08 to go, Elgin Fitzgerald had a 3-point play to Dartmouth back on top 60-59.
But McNally hit a jumper to put Harvard ahead 61-60 before Barnett hit a short jump for Dartmouth’s last lead.
- Carrick Felix won't play at Duke, but he has other opportunities
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul