Cleveland State beats Illinois-Chicago 79-69
CLEVELAND (AP)—Chris Moore scored 18 points and J’Nathan Bullock had 16 as Cleveland State grabbed an early lead and cruised to a 79-69 win over Illinois-Chicago Saturday night.
Cleveland State (13-5, 4-2 Horizon League) rattled off 14 straight points early in the first half to take the lead for good.
The Vikings led by double digits for most of the game, although Illinois-Chicago (8-7, 1-4) closed to within six in the final minute on Tori Boyd’s 3-pointer. But Bullock responded with six straight free throws to ensure the win for Cleveland State.
Boyd scored 15 points, Jelani Poston added 14, Jeremy Buttell had 12 and Spencer Stewart 10 for Illinois-Chicago.
Cedric Jackson had 10 points and 10 assists for the Vikings.
- Cleveland State beats Illinois-Chicago 79-69
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark