IPFW beats Centenary 68-64
SHREVEPORT, La. (AP)—Jeremy Mixon scored 20 points and Indiana University-Purdue University at Fort Wayne hit four free throws in the game’s final 20 seconds to hold on for a 68-64 win over Centenary on Saturday.
David Carson’s three-point play put IPFW ahead 63-49 with just over three minutes remaining, but it would be IPFW’s last field goal of the game. Centenary rallied with a 13-1 run during the next 2:41, capped by Gary Redus’ layup that pulled the Gentlemen within 64-62 with 22 seconds left.
IPFW would hit 4 of 6 free throws the rest of the way to seal the win.
Carson finished with 15 points, Deilvez Yearby had 13 and Nick Daniels added 11 for the Mastodons (7-10, 2-4 Summit Conference).
Nick Stallings led the Gentlemen (3-14, 1-4) with 18 points.
- IPFW beats Centenary 68-64
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game