Bowling Green holds off Buffalo for 86-82 win
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP)—Chris Knight scored 22 points and Brian Moten had 20 as Bowling Green held off Buffalo’s late surge to win 86-82 Saturday afternoon.
Bowling Green (8-6, 1-0 Mid-American) went ahead 76-59 on Nate Miller’s 3-pointer with 5:45 remaining. But Buffalo’s Calvin Betts made two 3-pointers and a free throw during a 15-2 run that cut the Falcons’ lead to 78-72 with 1:22 left.
Another 3-pointer from Betts got the Bulls (8-5, 0-1) to within four with 11 seconds remaining, but Bowling Green’s Joe Jakubowski made a pair of free throws and teammate Darryl Clements made another to ensure the win.
Jakubowski finished with 14 points and Miller added 13 for Bowling Green, which shot just 41.4 percent in the second half compared to Buffalo’s 60 percent.
Rodney Pierce scored 20 points, Betts had 17 and Greg Gamble added 16 for the Bulls.
- No. 23 New Mexico cruises past Alabama A&M, 88-52
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69
- Big 2nd half from Niang leads Iowa St. over Okla. St. 64-59
- Macura's 20 points lead No. 6 Xavier over Marquette 90-82
- Alabama A&M-New Mexico Preview
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78