Alabama State beats Ark.-Pine Bluff 71-66
PINE BLUFF, Ark. (AP)—Roland Fitch scored 16 points in only 19 minutes to lead Alabama State over Arkansas-Pine Bluff 71-66 Saturday night.
Alabama State (6-7, 3-0 Southwestern Athletic Conference) led 28-18 at intermission before a high-scoring second half. Terrance Calvin led UAPB with 27 points.
The Golden Lions (2-11, 1-1) shot 3-of-16 from 3-point range, but they kept it close by forcing 18 turnovers.
Alabama State had five players in double figures, and Rashad Provitt contributed 10 rebounds. Ivory White had 11 points and nine rebounds.
- Three players with the same name share little else in common
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul