Alabama State beats Ark.-Pine Bluff 71-66
PINE BLUFF, Ark. (AP)—Roland Fitch scored 16 points in only 19 minutes to lead Alabama State over Arkansas-Pine Bluff 71-66 Saturday night.
Alabama State (6-7, 3-0 Southwestern Athletic Conference) led 28-18 at intermission before a high-scoring second half. Terrance Calvin led UAPB with 27 points.
The Golden Lions (2-11, 1-1) shot 3-of-16 from 3-point range, but they kept it close by forcing 18 turnovers.
Alabama State had five players in double figures, and Rashad Provitt contributed 10 rebounds. Ivory White had 11 points and nine rebounds.
- Detroit holds off Green Bay for 77-74 victory
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession was such a disaster, and his name is Nigel Williams-Goss
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment