Arizona holds off Oregon State 64-47
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP)—Chase Budinger scored 24 points and made four straight free throws after the ejection of Oregon State coach Craig Robinson, and Arizona defeated Oregon State 64-47 on Saturday afternoon.
Oregon State closed to within 55-47 with 2:14 remaining. That’s when Robinson was whistled for two technicals for arguing with the officials. Arizona (11-5, 2-2 Pac-10) scored nine straight points after the technicals.
Jordan Hill scored 15 points and had 11 rebounds for Arizona, which won its 27th straight at home over the Beavers, a streak that began in 1982-83. It was Oregon State’s 17th consecutive Pac-10 road defeat.
Lathen Wallace led the Beavers (6-8, 1-3) with a season-high 17 points.
- Mercer beats East Tennessee State 54-46
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne