Johnson scores 22 in San Diego win
SAN FRANCISCO (AP)—Trumaine Johnson tied his career-high with 22 points and San Diego flirted with its highest shooting percentage of the season in its 65-50 victory over San Francisco in the teams’ West Coast Conference opener Friday at War Memorial Gym.
Johnson added six assists, and Gyno Pomare recorded a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds for San Diego (9-7, 1-0 WCC), which has won five of its last six games after a 4-6 start.
San Francisco forward Dior Lowhorn, the WCC’s leading scorer in nonconference play at 20.3 points per game, rebounded from a four-point first half to finish with 18. But the Dons (8-8, 0-1) struggled to convert from the perimeter all night, shooting just 34.9 percent. They never got within single digits in the final 13 minutes.
- Another elite recruit may choose Kentucky over Washington
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold