Campbell beats Lipscomb 69-68 at the buzzer
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Junard Hartley’s 3-pointer as time expired gave Campbell a 69-68 victory over Lipscomb on Thursday night.
Campbell (6-8, 3-2 Atlantic Sun) pulled even at 66-66 with 45 seconds left on a Matt Gwynne jump shot, marking the first time Lipscomb (6-8, 2-3) didn’t have the lead since a tie at 51 with 10:20 to play. From that point, the Bisons scored eight straight points, capped by a tip-in from Brandon Brown with 8:29 to go for a 59-51 advantage.
The Camels, who led by 12 points with 1:04 left in the first half, took a 40-33 lead into halftime. With Campbell leading 45-37 with 18:39 left, Lipscomb went on a 12-3 run to lead 49-48 on an Adam Hodzic layup with 12:11 to play.
Chris Reynolds scored 12 points for the Camels and Gwynne added 11 and six rebounds.
Lipscomb was paced by Hodzic with 14 points and Josh Slater with 13.
- Campbell beats Lipscomb 69-68 at the buzzer
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four