Campbell beats Lipscomb 69-68 at the buzzer
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Junard Hartley’s 3-pointer as time expired gave Campbell a 69-68 victory over Lipscomb on Thursday night.
Campbell (6-8, 3-2 Atlantic Sun) pulled even at 66-66 with 45 seconds left on a Matt Gwynne jump shot, marking the first time Lipscomb (6-8, 2-3) didn’t have the lead since a tie at 51 with 10:20 to play. From that point, the Bisons scored eight straight points, capped by a tip-in from Brandon Brown with 8:29 to go for a 59-51 advantage.
The Camels, who led by 12 points with 1:04 left in the first half, took a 40-33 lead into halftime. With Campbell leading 45-37 with 18:39 left, Lipscomb went on a 12-3 run to lead 49-48 on an Adam Hodzic layup with 12:11 to play.
Chris Reynolds scored 12 points for the Camels and Gwynne added 11 and six rebounds.
Lipscomb was paced by Hodzic with 14 points and Josh Slater with 13.
- NCAA finalizes, clarifies brilliant new rule's language
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims