Boston U. 61, Albany, N.Y. 62
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)—Tim Ambrose had 19 points including the game-winning free throw and 11 rebounds as the University at Albany capped a thrilling last-minute comeback and defeated Boston University 62-61 in America East action Thursday night.
Will Harris added 14 points and 10 rebounds for the Great Danes (8-6, 1-1 America East).
After falling behind 20-19 with nine minutes left in the first half, the Great Danes trailed for nearly the entire final 29 minutes until Ambrose knocked down two clinching free throws with 12.3 seconds remaining.
That followed a traditional 3-point play with 33.7 seconds to go that put the Great Danes within one.
Ambrose scored the game’s final five points.
Boston University’s Matt Wolff hit the rim on what would have been the game-winning jumper as time expired.
Albany’s comeback was spurred on in part by the bench play of Louis Barraza who had three 3-pointers.
- Boston U. 61, Albany, N.Y. 62
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina