Valpo beats Detroit 64-41
VALPARAISO, Ind. (AP)—Jake Diebler had 15 points and three steals and Urule Igbavboa scored 14 as Valparaiso beat Detroit 64-41 Thursday night in the Horizon League.
Benjamin Fumey had 10 points for the Crusaders (5-11, 2-3), who edged Detroit with 38 percent shooting compared with the Titans’ 37 percent.
Detroit had no players in double figures, but Thomas Kennedy and Nemanja Jokic each had nine to pace the Titans (4-10, 0-5).
Valpo took control with a 13-2 run late in the first half and led 31-16 at the break. The Crusaders never trailed in the second half and stretched their lead to as much as 29 with 6:12 left. The Titans never got closer than 21 after that.
The Crusaders outrebounded Detroit 34-29.
- Valpo beats Detroit 64-41
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four