Wofford defeats Chattanooga 69-66
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP)—Noah Dahlman scored 24 points and had 10 rebounds as Wofford defeated Chattanooga 69-66 on Thursday night.
Chattanooga (4-10, 0-3 Southern Conference) led 40-27 with 1:54 left in the first half on a 3-pointer by Ty Patterson, before going 9-for-24 in the second.
Wofford (5-6, 1-1) took a 47-46 lead with 11:21 to play on two Dahlman free throws, but the Mocs went on a 7-2 run for a 53-49 lead with 8:07 on a 3-pointer by Paterson. The Terriers reclaimed the lead for good, 59-57, on a Jason Dawson 3-pointer with 5 minutes left.
Tim Johnson and Dawson added 11 points apiece for Wofford, which outrebounded the Mocs 37-34. Chattanooga came into the game with a plus-10.4 rebounding advantage over their last five games.
Kevin Goffney led the Mocs with 19 points and Nicchaeus Doaks added 13 points and 10 rebounds. Patterson chipped in 14 points.
- Navy beats Army 59-54
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember