Austin Peay beats Tenn.-Martin 85-76
MARTIN, Tenn. (AP)—Wes Channels scored 23 points to lead Austin Peay to an 85-76 win over Tennessee-Martin on Thursday night.
Drake Reed added 17 points and Caleb Brown chipped in with 13 for the Governors (8-7, 4-1 Ohio Valley Conference), who never trailed in the game. Channels went 5-for-9 from beyond the arc and Brown was 3-for-4 for Austin Peay, which was 10 of 17 from long range (58.8 percent) in the win.
Lester Hudson led the Skyhawks (8-6, 1-3) with 34 points and Delrico Lane added 10.
Hudson was 5 of 16 from 3-point range, and the Skyhawks were 7 of 28 as a team from behind the arc (25 percent).
The Governors shot 54.7 percent from the field (29 of 53) compared to a 40.6 percent mark (26 of 64) for the Skyhawks.
- Breakfast buffet: Va. Tech, Wake vie for second in ACC
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case