Lewis leads Oral Roberts to victory
TULSA, Okla. (AP)—Marcus Lewis scored a game-high 14 points and Kevin Ford added 12 points and 11 rebounds to lead Oral Roberts past Indiana-Purdue-Fort Wayne 73-46 on Thursday.
Robert Jarvis added 11 points for the Golden Eagles (5-11, 3-1 Summit League), who shot 49 percent from the field, compared to 27 percent for IPFW.
Ben Botts led the Mastodons (6-10, 1-4 Summit) with eight points.
After Oral Roberts scored the first five points of the second half to stretch its lead to 42-19, the Mastodons scored six in a row to cut the deficit to 42-25.
The Golden Eagles were ahead 56-36 midway through the second half before going on a 13-3 run to give them their biggest lead at 69-39 with 2:36 remaining.
The Golden Eagles led 37-19 at halftime.
- Bob Knight falsely blasts Kentucky’s 2009-10 Elite Eight team
- Having reached Final Four at last, Gonzaga's Mark Few says, 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself