South Alabama routs Louisiana-Monroe 90-57
MONROE, La. (AP)—Brandon Davis scored a career-high 30 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead South Alabama to a 90-57 rout of Louisiana-Monroe on Thursday night.
Davis was 11-for-11 from the field and 8-for-10 from the free-throw line for the Jaguars (10-6, 3-2 Sun Belt Conference).
South Alabama, starting three forwards for the first time this season, shot a season-best 64.3 percent (36 of 56) compared to 15-of-55 shooting for the Warhawks (27.3 percent).
With Louisiana-Monroe (5-10, 1-3) leading 32-28, Davis scored seven points to help the Jaguars take a 42-37 advantage into halftime.
South Alabama opened the second half with a 13-0 run.
Domonic Tilford added 22 points for the Jaguars and DeAndre Coleman had 12 points and 11 rebounds.
Lawrence Gilbert scored 16 points, all but two in the first half, and Jarvis Hill added 14 for the Warhawks.
- South Alabama routs Louisiana-Monroe 90-57
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?