Fairleigh Dickinson 62, Mount St. Mary’s, Md. 81
EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP)—Shawn Atupem and Jean Cajou scored 15 points each as Mount St. Mary’s earned its first Northeast Conference win of the season, 81-62 over Fairleigh Dickinson on Thursday night.
The preseason conference favorite and reigning champion, Mount St. Mary’s (6-9, 1-3), was stuck in last place after a slow start and became the final NEC team to win a league game by outrebounding the Knights 42-31 and shooting 50.7 percent from the field (35 of 69).
Fairleigh Dickinson (2-12, 2-3) had five players in double figures, led by Cameron Tyler with 13 points, but finished 1-for-12 from 3-point range.
Atupem came off the bench to register a season-high in points and help the Mount’s reserves outscore Fairleigh Dickinson’s 33-14.
The Mount used an 11-2 run early in the second half to lead 57-40 and Fairleigh Dickinson never drew closer than 15.
- Catching up with George Mason’s historic ’06 Final Four team
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State