Utah State defeats Louisiana Tech 50-37
RUSTON, La. (AP)—Gary Wilkinson scored 17 points to lead Utah State to a 50-37 victory over Louisiana Tech on Thursday night.
With the game tied at 37 with 5:29 to go, Utah State went on a 13-0 run to close out the victory.
The Aggies (14-1, 2-0 Western Athletic Conference) scored their lowest point total of the season in winning their ninth straight game. The point total was also a season low for the Bulldogs (7-9, 1-2), who were averaging 73.8 points per game at home—double their score.
Louisiana Tech led 29-20 with 5:55 left in the first half, but only 19-18 at halftime. After the Bulldogs opened the second half with a 5-0 run, the Aggies tied the score at 24.
Louisiana Tech hit only 6 of 21 shots in the second half (28.6 percent).
Tyler Newbold added 10 points for the Aggies.
Kyle Gibson led the Bulldogs with 10 points and eight rebounds.
- Utah State defeats Louisiana Tech 50-37
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina