Eastern Kentucky defeats Jacksonville State 75-67
RICHMOND, Ky. (AP)—Mike Rose scored 30 points to lead Eastern Kentucky past Jacksonville State 75-67 on Thursday night, snapping a four-game losing streak.
The Colonels (8-7, 2-3 Ohio Valley Conference) went on a 17-5 run to lead 35-24 with 1:46 left in the first half. The Gamecocks (8-5, 2-2) scored the last five points of the half to close within six at the break.
After Jacksonville State cut the margin to 37-33 with 17:59 left, Eastern Kentucky used an 11-4 run to lead 48-37 with 12:24 remaining.
The closest the Gamecocks drew after that was 57-50 on a Jeremy Bynum 3-pointer with 5:51 left.
Rose scored more than 30 points for the third time this season. Josh Jones added 13 points for Eastern Kentucky.
Bynum and Brandon Crawford scored 13 points apiece for Jacksonville State, while Nick Murphy added 12 and Stephen Hall had 11 points for the Gamecocks.
- Awkward moment on live TV for ESPN analyst Doug Gottlieb
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges