Cleveland St. beats Loyola of Chicago 76-50
CLEVELAND (AP)—J’Nathan Bullock scored 20 points and was 3-for-3 on 3-pointers as Cleveland St. beat Loyola of Chicago 76-50 Thursday night in Horizon League play.
Trevon Harmon added 17 points, including four 3-pointers, for the Vikings (12-5, 3-2). George Tandy chipped in 13 points from off the bench, going 5-for-5 on free throws. Cedric Jackson contributed eight assists.
J.R. Blount scored 16 points for the Ramblers (9-7, 1-3).
The Vikings scored the first 8 points and never lost the lead, pulling to a 48-26 advantage at the break. They were ahead by as many as 29 points in the second half.
The Vikings outshot the Ramblers 46.3 percent to 32.2 percent from the field, and also held the advantage in 3-pointers (52.9 percent) and free throws (81 percent).
Loyola performed better at the boards, with 41 rebounds, including 19 on offense for 18 second-chance points.
- Cleveland St. beats Loyola of Chicago 76-50
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- Arizona team breakdown