Boise St. beats San Jose St. 84-64
BOISE, Idaho (AP)—Anthony Thomas scored a game-high 19 points Thursday night to lead Boise State to an 84-64 victory over San Jose State.
Thomas, a junior point guard, had six assists and hit three consecutive 3-pointers in the second half.
Mark Sanchez added 14 points and Ike Okoye contributed 12 points and a team-high six rebounds in the victory. Kurt Cunningham contributed 10 points for the Broncos (11-3, 2-0 Western Athletic Conference).
Tim Pierce led San Jose State (6-7, 0-3) with 14 points and Justin Graham had 12 points and four assists.
The Broncos extended their winning streak to five games and improved to 18-1 against San Jose State in WAC play.
Boise State shot 54 percent while San Jose State made 36.2 percent of its shots.
The Broncos had seven steals.
- How Derrick Williams went from unheralded to All-American
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims