Ark.-Little Rock beats North Texas in OT, 78-77
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP)—Steven Moore scored 17 points and pulled down four rebounds to lead Arkansas-Little Rock to a 78-77 overtime win Thursday night over North Texas.
North Texas (8-7) held a 44-42 lead at half time. But Arkansas-Little Rock (10-5) battled back to leave regulation play at a 69-point tie.
Forward John Fowler added 14 points in the win for the Trojans, while Shane Edwards and Matt Mouzy each added 12 points. Arkansas-Little Rock turned the ball over 14 times during the game.
North Texas struggled through the game with turnovers, losing the ball 20 times in the loss. But the Mean Green truly suffered from beyond the arc, hitting only two of their 17 attempts during the game.
Eric Tramiel led North Texas in the loss, making 21 points and pulling in eight rebounds.
- USC disses 13-year-old recruit ... again
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs