Yale 80, N.J. Tech 51
NEWARK, N.J. (AP)—Alex Zampier scored 18 points to lead Yale to an 80-51 win over the New Jersey Institute of Technology on Wednesday night, sending the Highlanders to their 48th consecutive loss.
Porter Braswell added 14 points for the Bulldogs (4-9), while Travis Pinick had 13 and Ross Morin finished with 10. Gary Garris had 19 points and 10 rebounds for NJIT (0-15), while Isaiah Wilkerson added 15 points.
The teams traded the lead for most of the first half before Yale went ahead for good on Morin’s jumper with 4:36 remaining, and the Bulldogs closed the half out with a 17-4 run to grab a 33-20 lead at the break. Yale then dominated NJIT in the second half, leading by as many as 31 points and maintaining double-digit leads throughout.
NJIT has not won since it defeated Longwood on February 19, 2007.
- Dick Vitale's picks to click in 2009-10: everybody
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64
- No. 2 UCLA returns to college basketball's upper echelon
- Late free throw gives Indiana State win over No. 16 Butler
- No. 7 North Carolina holds off Davidson 83-74
- Watson scores season-high 25, No. 10 Creighton beats Huskers