Texas-Arlington defeats Texas-Pan American 76-51
EDINBURG, Texas (AP)—Marquez Haynes scored 16 points and Texas-Arlington defeated Texas-Pan American 76-51 Wednesday night.
Tommy Moffitt came off the bench to score 15 points. Brandon Long scored 13 and Roge’r Guignard added 12 for Texas-Arlington (7-6). Haynes, Moffitt and Anthony Vereen each had eight rebounds.
Emmanuel Jones led Texas-Pan American (5-10) with 13 points while Nick Weiermiller added 12, all from 3-pointers.
Texas-Arlington scored the first six points of the game before Texas-Pan American’s Jason Jensen hit a jumper with 15:30 to go in the first half.
Texas-Pan American closed to within three points late in the first half before Texas-Arlington took control by holding the Broncos scoreless over a seven-minute span that stretched early into the second half.
- Texas-Arlington defeats Texas-Pan American 76-51
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark