Princeton scores 73-64 win over Lehigh
PRINCETON, N.J. (AP)—Dan Mavraides scored a game-high 21 points—including four 3-pointers—as Princeton beat Lehigh 73-64 on Wednesday.
Doug Davis added 14 points for the Tigers (4-8), while Marcus Schroeder finished with 10 points and eight rebounds. Zahir Carrington had 20 points and 11 rebounds for the Mountain Hawks (10-4), while Marquis Hall scored had 11 points.
The teams traded baskets for most of the first half before Princeton closed with a 6-0 run to take a 32-28 lead at the break. The Tigers then remained in command for most of the second half, but Lehigh tried to rally late and cut the lead to 65-60 on two free throws by Hall with 1:05 remaining.
The Mountain Hawks would not get any closer, though, and Princeton then sealed the win by making 8-of-10 free throws.
- Roy Williams kicks out heckling fan at the Dean Dome
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2