James Madison defeats Old Dominion 70-62
NORFOLK, Va. (AP)—Juwann James scored 23 points and had seven rebounds to lead James Madison past Old Dominion 70-62 on Wednesday night.
James Madison (10-6, 2-2) shot 66.7 percent from the field (28 of 42), including a 10-for-16 performance from James.
The Dukes led by as many as 19 with 9:20 to go in the first half as James hit a layup for a 27-8 advantage.
Old Dominion, which won eight of its previous nine games heading into Wednesday’s contest, was 5-for-24 from 3-point range against James Madison.
Julius Wells chipped in 13 points for James Madison and Devon Moore had 12 points and seven assists.
Gerald Lee led the Monarchs with 20 points. Darius James scored 14 and dished out seven assists and Keyon Carter added 13 points for Old Dominion.
The Monarchs scored 24 points off of 20 James Madison turnovers.
- Murray State rolls past Jacksonville State 92-68
- Top 3 NCAA Tourney Gaffes...in Legos
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does 2017 North Carolina rank among Roy Williams' best teams at UNC?
- North Carolina lawmakers agree to repeal HB2 right before NCAA deadline, but new bill isn't full reversal
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year