New Hampshire beats Hartford 55-47
DURHAM, NH (AP)—Tyrece Gibbs hit two key 3-pointers in the second half and New Hampshire held off Hartford 55-47 Wednesday night in America East play.
Gibbs finished with 21 points to lead New Hampshire (5-7, 1-0) and Michael Turner led Hartford (5-10, 1-1) with 16 points.
New Hampshire led 23-19 at the half, and scored the first eight points of the second half. It later increased the lead to 38-25 before Hartford closed within 40-38 as Von Rosenberg hit 8 points of his 15 points in a 13-2 run.
But Gibbs hit a 3-pointer to give UNH breathing room, and then after Turner hit a trey, Gibbs hit another one to spark a 7-0 run for a 9-point lead with 2:57 to play.
Hartford never got closer than six again.
- New Hampshire beats Hartford 55-47
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four