Northeastern defeats Georgia State 68-54
ATLANTA (AP)—Chaisson Allen scored 14 points to lead four Northeastern players in double figures as the Huskies defeated Georgia State 68-54 on Wednesday night.
Northeastern (9-5, 4-0 Colonial Athletic Association) took a 31-18 lead at halftime and led by as many as 17 in the second half. The Huskies have won three straight and six of their last seven.
Georgia State (4-11, 2-2) closed to within eight at 52-44, but Matt Smith responded with his third 3-pointer of the second half.
The Huskies shot 53.8 percent from the field (28-for-52) while limiting Georgia State to 38.8 percent (19-for-49). Northeastern also outrebounded the Panthers 35-25.
Manny Adako and Eugene Spates scored 13 points apiece for the Huskies and Matt Janning had his first career double-double with 11 points and 14 rebounds.
Joe Dukes led Georgia State with 17 points and five rebounds.
- More proof angry Facebook messages to athletes are a bad idea
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56
- No. 20 Providence ends skid with 75-72 win over Georgetown
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro
- Kansas concerned about defending hot-shooting Oklahoma