Drake beats Indiana St. 69-50
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP)—Craig Stanley had 15 points and Josh Young added 14 points and 10 rebounds as Drake pulled away in the second half to beat Indiana State 69-50 in the Missouri Valley Conference on Wednesday.
The Bulldogs (12-4, 3-1) held Indiana State (3-12, 1-3) to just 27 percent shooting in the second half while outscoring the Sycamores 38-24. ISU shot just 33 percent for the game.
Drake led 38-34 with 11:58 left, but went on a 10-2 run and led by at least eight points the rest of the way.
Adam Templeton had four of Drake’s nine 3-pointers and 12 points and Jonathan Cox added 10 points.
The Sycamores were just 2-for-23 from 3-point range and 14-for-24 from the free throw line.
Isiah Martin led ISU with 12 point and Carl Richard added 11.
- Drake beats Indiana St. 69-50
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin