Wisconsin-Milwaukee beats Valpariaso
MILWAUKEE (AP)—Avery Smith scored 22 points and Wisconsin-Milwaukee survived a cold-shooting first half Monday night to beat Valparaiso 61-47 in a Horizon League game.
The Panthers (9-5, 5-0) won their fourth straight. Tone Boyle added 10 points for Milwaukee.
The Crusaders (4-11, 1-3) lost for the 11th time in 13 games. Urule Igbavboa led Valparaiso with 12 points.
The Panthers, trailing 23-18 at halftime, outscored the Crusaders 11-2 to start the second period and go ahead for good at 29-25.
Milwaukee, which missed all 11 of its 3-point tries in the first half, nailed three 3-pointers in the scoring spurt, including one by Boyle to finish it off.
- Wisconsin-Milwaukee beats Valpariaso
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look